Practical information for patients visiting the St. Luke’s Hospital.
PREPARATION BEFORE SURGERY
During the consultation, the physician performs the examination, reads out additional tests or orders them to be performed. It discusses the details of the planned proceedings. Specialist advice provided on a commercial basis is payable.
It is recommended that vaccinations against hepatitis (Hepatitis B) should be carried out at least six weeks prior to planned surgery before the planned surgery.
After qualifying for surgery, it is necessary to perform the laboratory tests ordered during consultations, complete the anesthetic questionnaire and read the information contained in the documents from the list next to it.
In the case of commercial services, the final date and time of surgery should be confirmed by phone or in person a week before the planned operation.
Before any surgery, anesthesiological consultations must be carried out after ealier registration of the visit. For anesthetic consultation it is necessary to fulfill an anesthesiological survey (the link to download the survey is located next to it).
If the patient does not confirm his presence at the surgery 6 days before the planned operation, the date of the procedure will be canceled.
Please take with You:
- medical documentation,
- documents including personal identification number
- fulfilled anesthetic questionnaire with laboratory results
- utensils for personal hygiene and slippers
Please remember that:
- You should take the medicine You take every day at the usual time with only one sip of clean water unless otherwise directed by your doctor. If You have any doubt, please contact with your anesthetist,
- chewing gums and drinking fizzy drinks are forbidden
Before the surgery and anesthesia it is necessary to observe the following recommendations:
- you should not eat or drink for a minimum of 6 hours before surgery to avoid the danger of aspiration of food, you should refrain from smoking as early as possible,
- it is necessary to provide an adult company on the way home and for 24 hours from the end of the operation at home
- you can not drive vehicles, operate complicated devices, make important decisions on the day of surgery – after anesthesia
- in case of any disturbing symptoms, immediately call the anesthetist at the number indicated in the extract.
In case of planned discharge from the Hospital on the day of the surgery, we ask you to provide an adult company on the way home and for 24 hours from the end of the operation at home.
The hospital has a full-time medical and nursing service
RECOVER THE MEDICAL COSTS FROM THE NHS recover the costs from the NHS
Any person living in the UK can seek healthcare abroad and be reimbursed.
FOR UK RESIDENTS
If you are a resident of the EU or EEA, you can choose to access healthcare abroad in other countries in the EU, EEA or Switzerland. Your healthcare system could refund your expenses. State-funded healthcare abroad could be an option for you!
In accordance with the legislation of the EU, everyone has the right to choose their healthcare provider, not just in their home country, but in any other EU or EEA country. When you receive treatment outside the country of your residence, you have the opportunity to recover money spent. Patients living abroad can be reimbursed through a number of routes depending on the service received and country of residence. Medrefund will advise you on the best cost recovery process in your situation.
For several years Medrefund has cooperated with various hospitals and clinics in Europe to help the UK residents claim refund for their treatment abroad. Mederefund helps the residents of the United Kingdom and other EU and EEA countries to complete the necessary formalities to recover money for medical services provided by us.
Understanding that it may be complicated to complete all the necessary formalities with no outside help, we inform our patients about the possibility to use the assistance of Medrefund. Over a period of years, cooperation between the clinics in Europe and Medrefund has evolved into a fruitful and reliable relationship that is benefiting patients who are planning or had received planned and unplanned medical treatment abroad.
Since 2013 Medrefund has helped thousands of people to make claims for their treatment abroad.
To find out about your planned or received services provided by us, please contact Medefund: Website: https://medrefund.eu
Telephonel/WhatsApp/Viber: +44 (0) 772 943 8051